Summary: Great bonding activity for adults. Create a 2-course meal with the secret ingredient.
Goal: Create and present the best-tasting/looking 2-course meal using the secret ingredient.
– This game can only be played when there’s a nearby local grocery store
– You’ll need a large gathering place with at least 2 – 3 stoves and at least 2 -3 ovens available
– Notify everyone in advance that they need to bring $3.00
– Determine three designated judges
– Choose, buy and provide a “secret ingredient” for the group to use. Examples of “secret ingredients” include: Ketchup, rice, corn, mustard, etc.
– Download and print the downloadable Judges’ Scorecard and Rules
* Be aware of any food allergies for the judges and game participants
How to Play the Food Challenge Cook-Off Game:
1. Split everyone into groups of 6* (make sure each group has access to a driver and car). Hand each team the Rules Worksheet.
2. Each group needs to cook and create 2 different dishes using the secret ingredient. All groups will have 1 hour and 30 minutes to go out to a nearby grocery store, buy ingredients, return to the gathering place, and cook a 2-course meal for all three judges. The “secret ingredient” will be already provided.
3. Each group needs to save their grocery store receipt to show the judges. The group who spends the least amount (total cost divided by number of people) gets 5 additional points. The first group that returns from the grocery store will receive 5 additional points.
4. Give the Judges Scorecard to the judges. Once the meals are done and plated, each group briefly present their meals to the judges. The judges will taste and judge each dish based on taste, use of the “secret ingredient”, originality, oral and visual presentation, and overall teamwork. Calculate the score. The team with the most points wins the game.
*You can adjust the number of people in each group as you wish.
To add this game to your website or blog, just copy and paste the following URL: https://greatgroupgames.com/food-challenge-cook-off