Summary: Your mission is to steal the bacon. But watch out or else your enemy might steal it instead!
Goal: When your number is called, be the first person to grab the object in the middle and run back to your line untagged.
– An object that can be grabbed (ball, shoe, etc.)
How to Play Steal the Bacon:
1. Split everyone into two equal teams. Arrange the teams into two parallel lines about 15 – 20 feet from each other, facing each other. Place the object in the middle, between the two teams.
2. Ask everyone to remember their numbers- Go down one line and assign each person a number (in sequence, starting from one), then go down the opposing team and assign each person a number (in sequence, starting from one). Each person should have the same number with a person on the opposing team.
3. The object of the game is to be the first person to grab the object if your number is called and bring it back to your team’s line untagged. As soon as you touch the object, the other person has the opportunity to tag you. If the other person tags you, then no one gets the point.
4. Begin the game by calling a random number. If the person brings the object back to their side untouched, the person gets a point for their team. If the person grabs the object and is tagged, neither team gets a point. The team that reaches 15 points wins the game.
– Along with calling random numbers, you can say “all even numbers” or “all odd numbers”.
– If you want to have an educational twist, you can call numbers that can be divided by the players’ numbers (for example: if you call “12”, the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 12 can try grabbing the object)
– You can change the rule of having a “tagger” earning a point for their team of he/she tags an opponent with an object, instead of neither team winning the point.
To add this game to your website or blog, just copy and paste the following URL: http://greatgroupgames.com/steal-the-bacon