Summary: Use your decorating skills in this fun activity! Good game for bridal showers and large groups.
Goal: Decorate and present the best-looking cake.
– You’ll need to bake and bring 5 to 6 cakes before the challenge (boxed mix cakes are recommended!)
– Tables for people to decorate their cakes
– White frosting (buy 5 tubs or make your own), lots of candy, food dye, plastic spoons, forks, knives
– Volunteer judges
– Decide on a “secret theme”: Animals, Sports, School, Holidays/Seasons, Places, etc.
– Download and print the judges’ scoresheet
How to Play the Cake Decorating Challenge Game:
1. Separate everyone into teams of five. Explain the game: Each team gets one cake. They need to decorate the cake based on the secret theme. Whoever has the best looking cake wins the game. Reveal the “secret theme”.
2. After decorating their cakes, everyone must briefly present their cakes to the judges.
3. Judges base their score on creativity, how close the cake is related to the theme, teamwork, and presentation. The team with the most points wins the game.
– You can play a similar game with cupcakes. Each person gets a cupcake, and each team will have to use their creativity to create the best-looking cupcakes.
*Size of group can vary, but five people in a team is optimal
To add this game to your website or blog, just copy and paste the following URL: http://greatgroupgames.com/cake-decorating-challenge